Occupational Hazards in Modern Dentistry
Mohammed Asif Shaik, Naheeda Shaik Mohammed
Citation Information :
Shaik MA, Mohammed NS. Occupational Hazards in Modern Dentistry. Int J Experiment Dent Sci 2013; 2 (1):33-40.
Copyright © 2013; The Author(s).
How to cite this article
Mohammed NS, Shaik MA. Occupational Hazards in Modern Dentistry. Int J Experiment Dent Sci 2013;2(1):33-40.
- Occupational hazards among clinical dental staff. J Contemp Dent Pract 2004;5:134-52.
- Chapter 1: Mortality and some aspects of morbidity. In: Occupational Hazards to Dental Staff. London 1990;1-21.
- Prevalence of herpes simplex virus disease in a professional population. J Am Dent Assoc 1981;102:31-34.
- Prevalence rates and odds ratios of shoulder-neck diseases in different occupational groups. Br J Ind Med 1987;44:602-10.
- Occupational hazards among dental surgeons. MJAFI 2007;63:3-25.
- Occupational health complaints and adverse patient reactions as perceived by personal in public dentistry. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 1991;19:155-59.
- Hearing problems among dental personnel. J Pak Dent Assoc 2005;14:210-14.
- Prevalence of latex allergy in a dental school. Med J Aust 1996;164:711-14.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms in New South Wales dentists. Aust Dent J 1997;42:240-46.
- Ergonomic factors that cause the presence of pain muscle in students of dentistry. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 2010;15:e906-11.
- Prevalence of musculoskeletal pain among dentists in Shiraz, Southern Iran. International J Occup Environ Med 2010;1:69-74.
- Analysis of workplace injuries in a dental school environment. Aust Dent J 1997;42:109-13.
- Occupational injuries to dental personnel. J Dent 1990;18:258-62.
- Occupational health problems of dentists in southern Thailand. Int Dent J 2000;50:36-40.
- A survey of percutaneous mucocutaneous injury reporting in a public teaching hospital. J Hosp Infect 1999;41:151-54.
- Introducing safety syringes into a UK dental school – a controlled study. Br Dent J 2001;190:88-92.
- Prevalence of percutaneous exposure incidents among dentists in Queensland. Aust Dent J 2006;51:158-61.
- An assessment of the incidence of punctures in latex and non latex dental examination gloves in routine clinical practice. Br Dent J 2001;190:377-80.
- Back problems among dentists. J Can Dent Assoc 1983;49:251-56.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms among dentists in a dental school. Occup Med 1996;46:65-66.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms among dentists in relation to work posture. Work 2000;15:153-58.
- Dental workers, musculoskeletal cumulative trauma, and carpal tunnel syndrome, who is at risk? A pilot study. Int J Occup Saf Ergon 1990;2:218-33.
- Back and neck problems among dentists and dental auxillaries. J Contemp Dent Pract 2001;2:17-30.
- Musculoskeletal disorders among female dental personnel-clinical examination and a 5 years follow-up study of symptoms. Int Arch Occup Environ health 1999;72:395-403.
- Quantifying work load in neck, shoulders and wrists in female dentists. Int Arch Occup Environ Health 1997;69:461-74.
- Cervical pain and discomfort among in dentist. Epidemiological, clinical and therapeutic aspects. Part 1. A survey of pain and discomfort. Swed Dent J 1990;14:71-80.
- Pain and discomfort in the musculoskeletal system among dentists: A prospective study. Swed Dent J 1991;15:219-28.
- Cervicobrachial disorders in dentists: A comparison between two kinds of physiotherapeutic interventions. Scand J Rehabil Med 1991;23:11-17.
- Symptoms of the neck and upper extremities in dentists. Scand J Work Environ Health 1990;16:129-34.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. A look at causes, symptoms, remedies. Dent Teamwork 1996;9:11-15.
- Incidence of some infectious diseases in odontostomatologysection I. Boll Ist Sieroter Milan 1990;69:379-84.
- The problem of hepatitis infection in dentistry. Stomatologiia 1997;76:72-74.
- An update on the herpesviruses. J Calif Dent Assoc 1996;24:38-46.
- Pediatric infection with the human immunodeficiency virus. J Colo Dent Assoc 1993;72:25-28.
- Periodontitis-associated marker bacteria in an urban North American patient population: Application of a commercial immunoassay. J Periodontol 1998;69:1382-91.
- Occupational health hazards in current dental profession—A review. Open Occupational Health Safety J 2011;3:57-64.
- Hand infections in dental personnel. Plast Reconstr Surg 1987;80:420-22.
- Atmospheric contamination during dental procedures. Quintessence Int 1994;25:435-39.
- Non-A, non-B hepatitis and dentistry: A status report for the American Journal of Dentistry. Am J Dent 1992;5:49-55.
- The dentist and infectious diseases: National survey of attitudes and behavior. J Am Dent Assoc 1989;118:553-62.
- What is the dentist's occupational risk of becoming infected with hepatitis B or the human immunodeficiency virus? Am J Public Health 1992;82:587-89.
- Occupational health problems in modern dentistry: A review. J Indus Health 2007;45:611-21.
- Occupational health problems among dental hygienists. Commun Dent Oral Epidemiol 1995;23:177-81.
- Epidemiology of immediate-type allergic reactions to latex. Clin Rev Allergy 1993;11:385-90.
- Natural rubber latex hypersensitivity: Incidence and prevalence of type 1 allergy in dental profession. J Am Dent Assoc 1998;129:43-54.
- Natural rubber latex allergy. Allergy 1996;51:593-602.
- Control of airborne latex by use of powder-free gloves. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1994;93:985-89.
- Anaphylaxis due to cornstarch surgical glove powder. Ann Allergy 1990;65:152-55.
- Occupational hazards in dentistry-part one: Allergic reactions to dental restorative materials and latex sensitivity. Facta Universitatis 2004;2:317-24.
- Use of polymer materials in dental clinics. Swed Dent J 1997;21:149-50.
- Late patch test reaction to acrylate in a dental worker. Am J Contact Dermatitis. 1999;10:224-25.
- Occupational respiratory hypersensitivity caused by preparations in dental personnel. Clin Exp Allergy 1998;28:1404-11.
- Evaluation of exposure to methyl methacrylate among dental laboratory technicians. Am Ind Hyg Assoc J 1999;60:625-28.
- The dentist's exposure to elemental mercury vapor during clinical work with amalgam. Acta Odontol Scand 1995;53:44-48.
- Noise level of dental hand pieces and laboratory engines. J Prosthet Dent 1993;70:356-60.
- Ultrasonic dental scaler: Associated hazards. J Clin Periodontol 2003;30:95-101.
- Prevalence of ocular injuries, conjunctivitis and use of eye protection among dental personal in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Int Dent J 2001;51: 88-94.
- Eye care habits of dentists registered in United Kingdom. Br Dent J 2007;203:198-99.
- Risk assessment: The philosophy underlying radiation protection. Int Dent J 1987;37:43-51.
- Infection control among dentists in private practice in Durban. SADJ 2001;56:580-84.
- Decreases in occupational exposure to ionizing radiation among Canadian dental workers. J Can Dent Assoc 2005;71:29-33.
- Distribution of scattered radiation during intraoral radiography with the patient in supine position. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 1998;85:736-41.
- Types of impairment amongst dentists. MSDA J 1996;39:73-76.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms of dentists assessed by a multidisciplinary approach. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 1991;19:38-44.
- Influence of practice and personal characteristics on dental job satisfaction. J Dent Educ 1999; 63:805-12.
- Working patterns of male and female dentists in South Africa. J Dent Assoc S Afr 1997;52:15-17.
- The health of dentists in South Africa. J Dent Assoc S Afr 1969;24:368-71.
- Occupational Hazards in Dentistry: Part 1. FDI 2001;10:8-12.
- Dentistry, dental practice and the community (6th ed). Missouri: Elsevier Saunders 2005:p.425.